Saturday, January 10, 2015

Photos

I give fair warning right now that this post contains high levels of sass and many self taken photographs. Proceed with caution.

August
Because friends who learn German together, stay together. 

Because sometimes the city is prettier at dusk.

Because sometimes you get off at random metro stops in Hamburg with your friends and you find this, and it apparently appeals so much that we decide to visit twice.


September
Because food...especially Currywurst.

Because this is naturally what one finds when she enters the area of the Filmpark titled "The Wild West."


Because my friends are pretty awesome, especially because one invited me to her birthday party after a week of knowing her.

October



Because a selfie to Belgium is the best kind of selfie. 

Because I like flags, and I can name all the countries these flags belong to... And because I freaked out simply being in this room.

Because I consider myself a professional kite flyer after dealing with the wind on the Baltic Sea.

November


Because this photo reminds me a little bit of California.

Because sometimes I'm just the random American mixed in with Turks and Germans.


Because my Turkish host sister is better at coming up with ideas for photos than me.



December
Because we rule the kingdom.

Because who doesn't take a selfie while packaging cookies for our Christmas conert.


Because I like to take pictures of things with strong color contrasts, especially the back of palaces. 


Well, I'm at the halfway point of my time here in Germany. To commemorate, I chose three photos from each month I have been in Germany. All of them have never appeared in a blog post before, and only one was posted on Instagram.
Hope you enjoyed getting a more candid view of my life here. 

Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment